Medicaid covers non-emergency transportation for Medicaid eligible recipients who have no other means of transportation available to Medicaid covered services.
Here are some examples of where Medicaid will transport you using non-emergency transportation services:
- Doctor Appointments
- Dental Appointments
- Mental Health Appointments
- To receive Dialysis Services
- To receive services at a Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care (PPEC) Center
How to schedule a ride:
- If your child is enrolled in a health plan, call your child’s plan to find out the name and telephone number for your transportation provider if you need a ride to the clinic.
- If your child is not enrolled in a health plan, call the Medicaid Helpline at 1-877-254-1055 to find out the name and telephone number for your transportation provider.
- You should call the transportation provider to schedule a ride at least 3 business days prior to your child’s clinic appointment.
- You should give the transportation provider the following information for your child:
- Full name
- Medicaid identification number
- Pick-up and Drop-off locations
- Date of birth
- Name of health plan (if your child is enrolled)
- Date and time of clinic appointment
- Contact number
The transportation provider may ask additional questions to ensure they send a vehicle that meets your child’s needs. Be sure to call the transportation provider if your child’s appointment is cancelled or changes time or date.